California Actress Alleges Emerald Princess Bed Bugs Had Cruise Buffet – Actress Connie Marie Flores and Alvin Flores were sailing aboard Princess Cruises ship Emerald Princess between November 29 and December 4, 2018, when they allege they were attacked by bed bugs in their cabin. The cabin – D503 (see video below), is a Premium Club Class Mini-Suite with Balcony (M1) located on Dolphin Deck.
- Plaintiffs reported these findings to Defendant and the medical staff aboard the vessel, requested prompt medical care and demanded to be moved to a new stateroom. Rather than promptly assisting Plaintiffs, Defendant through its employees and medical staff refused and delayed Plaintiffs’ requests and ridiculed Plaintiffs and their injuries.
- Plaintiffs seek damages from Defendant for Defendant’s negligent, wanton, reckless and intentional failure to properly maintain pest control aboard the vessel and in the Stateroom and for allowing the bed bug infestation to occur and cause Plaintiffs to suffer financial loss, personal injury and emotional and mental distress.
- As a direct and proximate result of the incident alleged herein and the negligent, wanton, willful, outrageous, reckless and intentional breaches of duties, acts and omissions of Defendant, Plaintiffs sustained serious illness and severe physical and emotional injuries, including but not limited severe skin rash, painful bed bug bites and personal injuries over the entirety of the body caused by bed bugs, aggravation of a pre-existing physical condition, emotional distress and mental suffering from insect bites, sleeplessness, inconvenience, humiliation, grief, frustration, anxiety and other symptoms, as well as property damage to clothing and personal belongings and out of pocket expenses. Plaintiffs are informed and believe, and thereupon allege that some or all of the injuries will result in permanent damage, disability, pain, and suffering, causing general damages in an amount within the jurisdictional requirements of this court.
- As a further direct and proximate result of the incident alleged herein and the negligent, wanton, willful, outrageous, reckless and intentional breaches of duties, acts and omissions of Defendant, it was and continues to be necessary for Plaintiffs to receive medical and/or psychological care and treatment and upon information and belief Plaintiffs will be required to do so in the future. The cost of medical and/or psychological care and treatment past and future is not known at this time and Plaintiffs allege as damages herein the amount of such cost according to proof at trial. emotional distress.
- As a further direct and proximate result of the incident alleged herein and the negligent, wanton, willful, outrageous, reckless and intentional breaches of duties, acts and omissions of Defendant, Plaintiffs became incapacitated and prevented from following their usual occupation, and as a result thereof, Plaintiffs suffered a loss of earnings and earning capacity and other financial losses and are informed and believe and thereupon allege that they will suffer loss of future earnings and diminished earning capacity in the future in an undetermined amount. Plaintiffs allege as damages herein the amount of such past and future loss of earnings and earnings capacity in an amount according to proof at trial.”
- Connie Flores and Alvin Flores v Princess Cruise Lines (pdf file)
- Emerald Princess Live Cruise ship Tracker
- Emerald Princess Cruise Cameras
Other Recent Lawsuit Articles:
- Viking Cruises First Class Action Lawsuit Alleges ADA Violation
- Royal Caribbean FlowRider Passenger Injury Lawsuit
- Passenger With Gangrene Gallbladder Lawsuit Blames Cruise Line
- Mariner of the Seas Passenger Lawsuit After Trampoline Injury
- Carnival Passenger Lawsuit Blames Line For Pax On Pax Injury
Video: Crown Princess Dolphin Deck Princess Mini Suite Review and Tour