On Sunday, September 29, 2019, Mansley Pereira, 35, who worked as a waiter aboard Royal Caribbean Cruise Line’s ship Rhapsody of the Seas, went overboard (see video below) while the cruise ship was docked in Dubrovnik, Croatia.
Pereira was from Goa, India, and left behind a wife and two children.
Mansley’s body is with the Croatian authorities and will eventually be released back to his family in Goa pending an investigation by medical officials into the cause of death.
“We are saddened by the tragic loss of our crew member and extend our deepest sympathies to his family and loved ones. We have a care team is in place to provide support and assistance to the family during this difficult time. On Sunday afternoon while Rhapsody of the Seas was in Dubrovnik port, ship personnel were alerted to the incident and immediately deployed lifeboats, initiated recovery procedures, and alerted local authorities. We will continue to assist authorities in their investigation.”, a Royal Caribbean spokesperson stated.
This case and two other deaths aboard Royal Caribbean cruise ships this summer have been added to the Cruise Ship Deaths database.
- Rhapsody of the Seas Live Cruise Ship Tracker
- Webcams in Europe
- Cruise Ship Weather – NE Atlantic Satellite
Recent Cruise Ship Overboard Articles:
- San Juan Puerto Rico Cruise Passenger Jumps Overboard
- Norwegian Epic Female Senior Passenger Overboard
- Carnival Spirit Passenger Overboard Noumea, New Caledonia
- RCI Bans Passenger After Symphony of the Seas Overboard
- UK Dancer Vocalist Crew Missing Aboard Harmony of the Seas
Video: Crew Member Missing on Royal Caribbean Cruise