Port of Seattle (see video below) Welcomes Royal Celebrity Cruise Ships – Today, Friday May 24, 2019, we were at the Port of Seattle when two cruise ships docked, Celebrity Cruises ship Celebrity Solstice and Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines ship Oasis of the Seas and were both docked at Smith Cove Cruise Terminal, otherwise known as Pier 91 .
Though it was a cloudy, drizzling rain day, it was a great day for the Port of Seattle, with two huge cruise ships calling at Seattle on the way to Alaska.
About Celebrity Solstice
Celebrity Solstice is the lead ship of the Solstice-class of cruise ships operated by Celebrity Cruises.
Built by Meyer Werft in Papenburg, Germany, she was floated out on August 10, 2008, and christened by ocean scientist Professor Sharon L. Smith at a ceremony in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA, on November 14, 2008. The first post-Panamax vessel in the Celebrity fleet, she features innovative interior design and onboard amenities, including an ocean-going live grass lawn, a glassblowing studio, and a 12 deck-high atrium.
About Oasis of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas is an Oasis-class cruise ship owned by Royal Caribbean International. Her hull was laid down in November 2007 and she was completed and delivered to Royal Caribbean in October 2009. At the time of construction, Oasis of the Seas set a new capacity record of carrying over 6,000 passengers.
The first of her class, she was joined by sister ships Allure of the Seas in December 2010, Harmony of the Seas in May 2016, and Symphony of the Seas in April 2018. Oasis of the Seas conducts cruises of the Caribbean from her home port of Port Canaveral in Cape Canaveral, Florida.
The ship features a zip-line, a casino,a miniature golf course, multiple night clubs, several bars and lounges, a karaoke club, comedy club, five swimming pools, volleyball and basketball courts, youth zones, and nurseries for children. Many of the ship’s interiors were extensively decorated by muralist Clarissa Parish.
- Oasis of the Seas Cameras – Pool Sports Zone
- Oasis of the Seas Cameras – Central Park
- Oasis of the Seas Cameras – Promenade
- Oasis of the Seas Cameras – Boardwalk
- Alaska Cruise Ship Tracker – Seattle
- Celebrity Solstice Live Cruise Ship Tracker
- Oasis of the Seas Live Cruise Ship Tracker
Recent Seattle Cruise Articles:
- Carnival Legend Alaska Schedule Begins Port of Seattle
- Three Cruise Ships Today Port of Seattle Plus Maritime Festival
- Cruise Ship Norwegian Bliss Plus Oosterdam At Port of Seattle
- Celebrity Eclipse First Seattle Cruise Ship 2019 Arrival
- Seattle Seeking Cruise Line Partner For Third Cruise Ship Terminal
Video:Seattle Cruise Port Terminal Pier 91 (Smith Cove) Boarding Cruise Ship to Alaska (4K)