Alaska Cruise Season Begins With Emerald Princess Port Call – On Friday, March 29, 2019, Princess Cruises ship Emerald Princess (see video below) called at Vancouver, British Columbia (BC), Canada. Most Alaskan cruises originate out of Seattle, Washington.
The first cruise ship embarking from Seattle will be Celebrity Cruises ship Celebrity Eclipse on Monday, April 15. We will be at the dock to get videos/photos.
Emerald Princess was on a 17-day repositioning cruise which embarked from Los Angeles (California) on March 11, with four days at sea before calling at Lahaina-Maui (Hawaii); Hilo (Hawaii); Honolulu-Oahu (Hawaii); Nawiliwili Kauai (Hawaii) with four more days at sea, sailing to Ensenada, Mexico, then returning to Los Angeles on March 26. Emerald Princess then sailed from Los Angeles to Vancouver, Canada.
Norwegian Joy will arrive in Seattle on Saturday, May 4, along with Holland America Line cruise ship Eurodam. Then, on Sunday May 5, Holland America Line cruise ship Oosterdam and Norwegian Bliss will be sailing to Alaska from Seattle as well. Both cruise ships will then call at Vancouver, Canada.
The Port of Vancouver said the Emerald Princess’s arrival kicks off what’s expected to be a record-breaking season, with more than one million cruise ship passengers expected to arrive on 290 ship visits between Friday and November 1 — a 21 per cent increase from 2018.
Carnival Legend will offer 7-day Alaska sailings, Holland America Oosterdam and Eurodam, Celebrity Solstice, Norwegian Bliss, Norwegian Joy, Ruby Princess, Star Princess and Royal Caribbean Ovation of the Seas will also offer 7-day Alaska sailings.
Holland America Line’s cruise ship Amsterdam is offering offer 7 and 14-day Alaska sailings, with Oceania Cruises offering cruise ship Regatta 7, 10 and 21-day Alaska cruises.
About Port of Seattle
The Port of Seattle website states, “The Port of Seattle is proud to be the largest and fastest growing cruise market on the West Coast. For the past 14 years the Port has prioritized protecting the environment while growing into a $500 million a year industry for our region.
We’re proud to be the only homeport in North America with a voluntary clean water agreement between the Port, the cruise lines and our regulators. Beyond compliance, the Port works closely with the industry to minimize the air quality impacts of cruise ship exhaust.”
- Seattle Cruise Port Schedule
- Vancouver, Canada Cruise Port Schedule
- Alaska Cruise Ship Tracker
- Webcams in Canada
- Webcams in Washington
- Emerald Princess Live Cruise Ship Tracker
Recent Seattle Cruise Articles:
- Seattle Seeking Cruise Line Partner For Third Cruise Ship Terminal
- Puget Sound Seattle Washington Protects Southern Resident Orcas
- Norwegian Joy Refit During Seattle Repositioning Cruise
- Seattle Port 2019 Budget $240 Million Cruise Terminal Upgrade
- National Geographic Venture Docks Seattle Pier 91
- Seattle Maritime Academy Courses Training At Sea and Land
- Argosy Cruises Goodtime III Seattle Cruise Ballard Locks
- Seattle Coast Guard Responds Boat Operator Overboard
- Seattle Ballard Neighborhood Seafood Festival Review
- Friday the 13th Seattle Lucky Day Three Cruise Ships Docked
Video: Canada Place – Emerald Princess (March 30, 2019)