Cyclone Oma (see video below)Has Pacific Dawn Cruise Ship Avoiding Australia Ports – On Saturday February 23, 2019, Live Cruise Ship Tracker received a message through our Live Cruise Ship Tracker social media account.
A person with family aboard P&O Cruises ship Pacific Dawn has indicated they ship may be “stuck” as it attemps to avoid Cyclone Oma while sailing back to Brisbane, Australia in the Indian Ocean.
Oma has meandered across the eastern Coral Sea for more than a week and is expected to continue its journey during the final days of February.
The former cyclone will continue to meander over the waters of the Coral Sea in between Australia and New Caledonia through the end of the weekend.
Bureau of Meteorology Queensland state manager Bruce Gunn said Cyclone Oma had weakened to a low pressure system but that it was forecast to reintensify to Category 2 strength and maintain its force for some time as it sits off the state’s southeast coast.
Beaches in Queensland and northern NSW are still being warned about dangerous conditions despite Cyclone Oma being downgraded to a subtropical low as it moves further out to sea.
Cyclone Oma has been active since February 7 and is expected to impact Vanuatu and the east coast of Australia.
2018–19 Australian region cyclone season is the period of the year when most tropical cyclones form in the Southern Indian Ocean and Pacific Ocean between 90°E and 160°E. The season officially began on November 1, 2018 and will run until April 30, 2019, however, a tropical cyclone could form at any time between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019 and would count towards the season total.
- Cruise Ship Weather – Indian Ocean Satellite
- Cruise Ship Weather – Indian Ocean Wind Speeds
- Cruise Ship Wezther – Indian Oceam Wave Heights
- Australia Cruise Ship Tracker
Recent Australia Cruise Articles:
- Toilet Gas Kills Lady Rose Cruise Ship Passenger
- Sydney Australia Christmas In July Brings Grinch Aboard Spirit
- American Golden Princess Cruise Ship Passenger Overboard in Australia
- Cruise Ship Sydney Australia Skinny Dip Event
- Australian Restaurant Waitress Wrestles Goanna Lizard
Video:We Head to Kirra Beach to Check out Cyclone Oma Waves