Winter Storm Jayden Targets East Coast Cruise Ports – Winter Storm Jayden affected the Plains and Midwest with heavy snow and wind. It now eyes parts of the South and East, impacting travel in those regions. If your cruising out of the south or east coast this week, be sure to allow for extra time to the port.
Jayden will continue pushing eastward Tuesday across the Northeast and South.
A band of snow or rain changing to snow will spread across the South, from east Tennessee and western North Carolina to north Georgia and northern Alabama.
Snow will also affect the central Appalachians and interior Northeast, from West Virginia to upstate New York and parts of New England.
- The Interstate 95 corridor is expected to see rain changeover to a period of light snow Tuesday evening, followed by colder temperatures behind the cold front. This could make for treacherous travel as soon as the evening commute in Washington D.C. and Baltimore, and Tuesday night in Philadelphia and the New York City Tri-State area.
- South: Snow accumulations from a dusting to a few inches, are expected Monday night into Tuesday from eastern Kentucky to East Tennessee, western North Carolina, southwest Virginia, north Georgia, northern and central Alabama, central Mississippi and possibly northern Louisiana. This may lead to snow or ice-covered roads by Monday night or Tuesday in these areas, as much colder air freezes any melted snow on roads.
- Northeast: The greatest snow amounts will be across interior parts of the Northeast, from eastern Pennsylvania into upstate New York, western and northern New England. Light accumulations are possible near the Interstate 95 corridor Tuesday night, and may freeze on roads, making roads treacherous Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.
- Cruise Ship Weather Northern Atlantic Radar
- Cruise Ship Weaather Atlantic Southern US Coastal Radar
- U.S. Surface Air Temperatures
- Gulf of Mexico Cruise Ship Tracker
- Webcams in Louisiana
- Webcams in Maryland
- Webcams in Massachusetts
- Webcams in New Jersey
- Webcams in New York
- Webcams in North Carolina
- Webcams in Texas
- Webcams in Virginia
Video:Birmingham Alabama Winter Storm Warning (Jayden) Jan 28 2018