Cruise Ship Deaths 2019 New Cases Added – Harmony of the Seas passenger death on Friday, January 11, 2019. The cruise ship was in Labadee, Haiti, when Laurent Mercer, 16, jumped from a cabin balcony on deck 8 to his cabin on deck 7 and landed on the cement dock at Harmony of the Seas’s pier.
Harmony of the Seas departed Fort Lauderdale on Sunday, January 7 for a 7-night eastern Caribbean cruise. Harmony of the Seas called at Labadee, Haiti; St. Maarten and San Juan during the cruise. The cruise ship was set to arrive back at Fort Lauderdale, Florida on Sunday, January 13.
This case has been added to the Cruise Ship Deaths database.
Recent Cruise Ship Deaths:
- Arron Hough Harmony of the Seas Crew Overboard Death
- Luke Renner Carnival Fantasy Passenger Overboard
- Thomas McElhany Carnival Victory Cruise Passenger Overboard
- Anton Ilichev Celebrity Millennium Officer Hanging Death
- Stephen Louis Cico Cruise Passenger Death
Video:Passenger jumps from Harmony of the Seas