Carnival Victory Cruise Passenger Thomas McElhany Overboard – On Friday, December 14, 2018, Thomas McElhany, 26, went overboard from Carnival Cruise Lines’ ship Carnival Victory in the early morning hours. Carnival Victory was located approximately 35 miles south of Islamorada, when Thomas McElhany went overboard.
Carnival Victory Captain Roberto Tine ordered a search of the cruise ship, then turned the ship back to retrace their path.
As well, the United States Coast Guard (USCG) says a helicopter, vessel and surveillance aircraft are being used in the ongoing search for Mr. McElhany.
“Sadly, all the facts surrounding this unfortunate incident indicate it was an intentional act,” a Carnival spokesman said. “We remain hopeful that the U.S. Coast Guard effort will bring positive news.”
Carnival Victory embarked from Miami, Florida at 1600 hours on Friday for a four-night Caribbean cruise with calls at Key West and Cozumel, Mexico. The cruise ship will be docking back in Miami at approximately 0800 hours on Monday, December 2018. This case has been added to Cruise Ship Missing and if he’d not found alive, the case will be added to Cruise Ship Deaths.
- Live Cruise Ship tracker – Carnival Victory
- Carnival Victory Cameras
- Cruise Ship Weather – Miami Radar
- Carnival Victory Cruise Ship Schedule
Recent Cruise Ship Overboard Cases:
- Cruise Ship Passenger Daniel Kueblboeck Overboard AIDAluna
- Seattle Coast Guard Responds Boat Operator Overboard
- Norwegian Star Passenger Kay Longstaff Overboard Near Croatia
- Holland America Line Amsterdam Crew Overboard Alaska
- Holland America Line Cruise Ship Westerdam Overboard Friday The 13th
Video: Coast Guard Search For Man Who Went Overboard Carnival Ship