Celebrity Edge First Cruise Ship Getting Biometric Passenger Boarding – On Tuesday, November 27, 2018, Los Gatos, California company Tascent Inc announced a new contract with Royal Caribbean International (RCI) to supply their cruise ships with a biometric solution utilizing face recognition to streamline the check-in and boarding process for their passengers.
The all-new solution will be first utilized with RCI’s Celebrity Edge ship, with the first departure to take place at the newly-opened Terminal 25 in Fort Lauderdale, (Port Everglades) Florida. To take advantage of Royal Caribbean’s new face recognition-enabled Expedited Arrivals process, passengers can register from the comfort of their own home and then breeze through check-in and boarding upon arrival at the terminal.
Tascent says, “Integrated with Tascent Enterprise Suite and RCI’s passenger systems, this enables seamless, “on-the-move” recognition of registered passengers as they arrive for their cruise. In combination, this capability will result in a streamlined, efficient process and personal welcome for travelers.”
- Celebrity Edge Live Cruise Ship Tracker
- Webcams in Florida- Port Everglades
- Fort Lauderdale Port Everglades Schedule
- Tascent Biometric Solutions
Recent Celebrity Cruises Articles:
- Celebrity Summit Passenger Hoboken NJ Child Voyeurism Arrest
- Gay Celebrity Couple Marry Aboard Cruise Ship Seabourn Sojourn
- Dozens Dead Injured During Mexico Cruise Ship Excursion Bus Crash
Video: TASCET Technology Preview