Argosy Cruises Goodtime III Seattle Cruise Ballard Locks – It was a very busy weekend here in Seattle. There were so many fun and interesting things to do, it was difficult to choose where we would spend our time. On Saturday, as mentioned earlier, we had the Seattle Ballard Neighborhood Seafood Festival. I’d like to quickly comment one one particular issue I noticed during SeafoodFest.
This is a very intelligent community, mostly comprised of those of us working in the tech industry. The layout of the festival seen in the map, outlines where things took place. Because the hottest time of the day is afternoon, seating areas were set up on streets where buildings and/or trees cast afternoon shadows.
The dining seating area was along 22nd Ave NW near Market Street, which was closed to traffic. The tables all had umbrellas for morning sun, but by 1:00, the seating area which was reserved on 22nd St was shadowed by buildings and with a gentle ocean breeze was very comfortable for relaxing.
The same was true of the beer garden on Ballard Avenue NW, which was packed all day. It was closed to traffic and shadowed by buildings all day making it a very cool area to relax. From Both the 22nd Ave dining area and the Ballard Avenue Beer garden, the music from the stage which was located at the intersection of 22nd and Ballard could be heard throughout the day at a volume which was easy on the ears for those who were dining.
There are very few children in Ballard, as we are mostly young single or married techs focused on careers. But, those children had a huge area of their own in the park adjacent to our offices.
- Cruise Ship Wave Network
- Cruise Ship Wave Facebook
- Alaska Cruise Ship Tracker – Port of Seattle
- Golden Gardens Park
- Carl S. English Jr. Botanical Gardens
- Hiram M. Chittenden Locks
- Ballard Seafood Festival
Further Seattle Reading:
- Newcomer’s Handbook for Moving to and Living in Seattle: Including Bellevue, Redmond, Everett, and Tacoma
- Pam on the Map: Seattle Day Trips
- Moon 75 Great Hikes Seattle (Moon Outdoors)
- 52 Seattle Adventures With Kids: A four-season guide
- Fodor’s Seattle (Full-color Travel Guide)
- Lonely Planet Seattle (Travel Guide)
- Sailing Wondertime: A Family Voyage from Seattle to New Zealand