Seattle Coast Guard Responds Boat Operator Overboard – On Friday, August 24, 2018, the United States Coast Guard responded to numerous calls related to an out of control boat in Puget Sound off Normandy Park in King County.
A 17-foot Boston Whaler boat fitted with an outboard motor was being driven by a man who was doing sharp turns and apparently fell overboard from the Boston Whaler. The operator swam ashore and was interviewed by the local police, according to Coast Guard Lt. j.g. Lindsey Neumann.
Neumann said the boat had about six gallons of fuel as of roughly 5:45 p.m. and would be allowed to run until it’s empty. Once it stops, law enforcement will tow the boat to the closest marina and investigate to determine whether the driver was properly licensed and had required safety equipment.
Normandy Park is a beautiful waterfront community located along the shores of Puget Sound in King County, with convenient access to downtown Seattle and the SeaTac International Airport.
In Normandy Park, you will find Normandy Beach Trail, a 1.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Normandy Park, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.
The population of Normandy Park was 6,335 at the 2010 census. Based on per capita income, Normandy Park ranks 31st of 614 areas in the state of Washington.
Further Seattle Reading:
- Newcomer’s Handbook for Moving to and Living in Seattle: Including Bellevue, Redmond, Everett, and Tacoma
- Pam on the Map: Seattle Day Trips
- Moon 75 Great Hikes Seattle (Moon Outdoors)
- 52 Seattle Adventures With Kids: A four-season guide
- Fodor’s Seattle (Full-color Travel Guide)
- Lonely Planet Seattle (Travel Guide)
- Sailing Wondertime: A Family Voyage from Seattle to New Zealand
Recent Seattle Articles: