6.2 Earthquake 265 Kilometers WNW of Bandon Oregon – The United States Geological Survey reports the initial quake, with a preliminary magnitude of 6.2, (see video below) occurred on Wednesday, August 22, 2018, just after 1:30 a.m. It was centered more than 170 miles (264 kilometers) west of Coos Bay, about 220 miles southwest of Portland.
About two hours later, an aftershock with a preliminary magnitude of 3.5 struck west of Coos Bay. Oregon.
Bandon is a city in Coos County, Oregon, United States, on the south side of the mouth of the Coquille River. The population was 3,066 at the 2010 census.
Bandon is 254 miles from the cruise port of Astoria, Oregon, Oregon and 418.6 mi from the Seattle, Washington Cruise terminal.
Direction data (below) indicate the position of the event relative to the place.
- Lakeport (historical), Oregon 265.2 km (164.8 mi) WNW Population: 0
- Coos Bay, Oregon 275.5 km (171.2 mi) W Population: 16,182
- Newport, Oregon 304.6 km (189.3 mi) WSW Population: 10,268
- Roseburg, Oregon 348.3 km (216.4 mi) W Population: 22,114
- Salem, Oregon 392.0 km (243.6 mi) WSW Population: 164,549
- Cruise Ship Weather – Earthquake Reports
- Alaska Cruise Ship Tracker – Seattle, Washington
- Seattle Cruise Port Schedule
- Port of Astoria Oregon Things To Do
- Explorer of the Seas Makes Scenic Astoria Oregon Port Call
Other Recent Earthquakes
- 5.3 Earthquake Shakes Long Beach Cruise Port
- Alaska 7.9 Magnitude Earthquake Shakes West Coast Ports
Video:8/22/2018 — Large M6.2 Earthquake strikes West Coast USA / Oregon