6.6 Earthquake 41 Kilometers South Tanaga Volcano Alaska (51.509°N 178.077°W)(see video below) – The nearest community is Adak, formerly Adak Station, located on Adak Island, in the Aleutians West Census Area, Alaska, United States. At the 2010 census the population was 326, up from 316 in 2000.
Adak is located on Kuluk Bay, on Adak Island, in the Andrean of Islands group of the Aleutian Islands Recording District, and in the 3rd Judicial District. It lies 1,200 miles (1,930 km) southwest of Anchorage and 450 miles (724 km) west of Dutch Harbor at 51.872° North, 176.636° West (Sec. 10, T096S, R195W, Seward Meridian),near the Russian end of the arc that makes up this volcanic island chain.
The City of Adak, Alaska, the westernmost city in the United States is a community centered among the most productive fisheries in the West.
- Adak, Alaska 107.8 km (67.0 mi) WSW – Population: 332
- Klyuchi, Russia 1477.6 km (918.2 mi) ESE – Population: 10,000
- Anadyr, Russia 1494.9 km (928.9 mi) S – Population: 10,332
- Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia 1590.5 km (988.3 mi) ESE – Population: 187,282
- Yelizovo, Russia 1607.6 km (998.9 mi) ESE – Population: 40,692
- Official Website of the City of Adak, Alaska
- Alaska Cruise Ship Tracker
- Alaska Weather Radar
- Tanaga – Introduction – Alaska Volcano Observatory
Recent Alaska Articles:
- Norwegian Jewel Alaska Cruise Teen Measles Diagnosis
- 6.1 Earthquake 64 Kilometers Southwest Kaktovik Alaska
- Holland America Line Amsterdam Crew Overboard Alaska
- Alaska Mount Cleveland Volcano Alert Level Orange
- Alaska Dream Cruise Ship Grounding
- Norwegian Pearl Embarks Seattle Mothers Day Alaskan Cruise
- Kristy Manzanares Alaska Cruise Ship Passenger Murdered Aboard Emerald Princess
Video: Big Quake near Tanaga Volcano Alaska