On Friday the 13th of April, 2018, a male cruise ship passenger, age 24, from a Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines ship went overboard (see video below).
Anthem of the Seas was returning to Bayonne, New Jersey from a 7-night Caribbean cruise when the passenger went overboard 65 miles offshore from Chincoteague, Virginia about 3:30 p.m ; the passenger went overboard from the jogging track located on Deck 15.
Anthem of the Seas made port calls at Port Canaveral, Coco Cay and Nassau, Bahamas before returning to Bayonne this morning.
The ship was originally circling around looking for him, Norwegian Gem and the United States Coast Guard also searched for the passenger without results.
The Coast Guard searched for signs of the man with the use of a helicopter, airplane and cutter boat since Friday. The U.S. Navy had also assisted in the search.
Petty Officer Andrew Kendrick, a spokesman for the Coast Guard said the search was called off at 11:02 a.m. Saturday.
Royal Caribbean has released a statement that reads, “We are sorry to report that a guest on board Anthem of the Seas was observed intentionally going overboard while the ship was en route to Cape Liberty, New Jersey.”
If you have a tip in this case, please email Cruise Bruise.
- Anthem of the Seas Schedule
- Anthem of the Seas Cruise Ship Tracker
- Anthem of the Seas Cameras
- Webcams in Caribbean
- Webcams in New Jersey
Other Recent Cruise Overboard:
- Norwegian Epic Passenger Overboard in Bahamas
- Carnival Triumph Passenger Overboard in Gulf of Mexico
- Cruise Ship Passenger Diogo Penalva Missing Overboard
- Naples Florida Cruise Ship Passenger Overboard Near Naples Italy
- Teen Commits Cruise Ship Overboard Suicide After Hate Crime
Video:Man Overboard Tragedy – Anthem Of The Seas – Royal Caribbean – 13th April 2018