On Sunday, January 21, 2018, a passenger aboard Carnival Cruise Lines Carnival Triumph went overboard while the cruise ship was in the Gulf of Mexico. On January 24, the passenger was identified as Juwanna Brooks, 44 from Franklin, Louisiana. She was on her first cruise, which was a Christmas gift from her husband Scott.
Carnival Triumph was on a 5-night Western Caribbean cruise which embarked from New Orleans, Louisiana on Saturday, January 20. The cruise ship was scheduled to call at Cozumel, Mexico then Progreso, Mexico before returning to New Orleans on January 25.
Vance Gulliken, a spokesperson for Carnival Cruise Lines, said a 44-year-old woman “was seen going overboard” from the Carnival Triumph Sunday night. Gulliken said that search and rescue operations are underway for the missing passenger.
This case is unfolding, please check back. The case has been added to the Cruise Ship Missing website database.
Since she presumed dead, the case is now on the Cruise Ship Deaths website database.
Recent Overboard Deaths:
- Carnival Elation Passenger Falls From Balcony
- Diodo Penalva Passenger Overboard Silja Serenade
- Symron Santana Almeida Carnival Inspiration Overboard
- Reco Scott Honeymoon Overboard Carnival Liberty
- Brandon Paul Carnival Victory Overboard
- Kevin Wellons Carnival Elation Overboard
- Jeon Pierre Knorr Overboard Death
- Carnival Triumph Cruise Ship Tracker
- Gulf of Mexico Cruise Ship Tracker
- Carnival Triumph Bridge Webcam