Another American former U.S. military planned a domestic terror attack (see video below) on American soil, this time on Christmas Day, because he knew it would be heavily crowded. The planned terror attack was near the San Francisco cruise terminal, where he planned to detonate explosives and unleash a hail of bullets. He also offered to use his tow truck as part of the attack according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) complaint. The James R Herman Cruise Terminal is located near Fisherman’s Wharf on the Embarcadero at pier 27 and the attack was planned for pier 35, only 1056 feet away.
Pier 39 is a shopping center and popular cruise ship tourist attraction built on a pier in San Francisco, California and is a popular dining and shopping attraction for cruise ship passengers. Pier 39 has sea lions
Everitt Aaron Jameson, 26, a former U.S Marine, currently a tow truck driver from Modesto, California was arrested Friday, December 22, 2017 and was charged in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California with attempting to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization. (See court case file link below)
The suspect allegedly told a paid, reliable FBI confidential informant that, “we need something along the lines of New York or San Bernardino,” apparently referring to the Oct. 31 terrorist attack in New York City and the shooting-related terrorist attack in Southern California in 2015.
Jameson told the confidential informant he was a ‘revert” and “could blend in” and do “shock and awe” and that he had done his Shahada two years ago at the Islamic Center of Merced (Masjid Merced ). The Shahada, is an Islamic creed declaring belief in the oneness of God and the acceptance of Muhammad as God’s prophet.
According to the court complaint, the FBI was able to confirm that Jameson had been “posting on Facebook and had been “liking” and “loving” posts which were pro-ISIS and pro-terrorism.”In particular, ” On November 29, 2017, Jameson “loved” a graphic of Santa standing on a New York roof next to a box of dynamite looking over a crowd, with the words “we meet at Christmas soon” which Jameson “loved”.
Earlier this year, another 26-year-old American military trained terrorist acted on his dreams for Islamic terror on American soil. On January 6, 2017, at approximately 12:56 p.m., Esteban Santiago aka Aashiq Hammad, 26, a U.S. Veteran from Anchorage, Alaska, exited the restroom and began shooting airline passengers in the Terminal 2 baggage claim area of the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, killing four cruise ship passengers.
About Pier 39
The Pier 39 website promotions state, the pier includes, “A giant Christmas tree at the Entrance Plaza of Pier 39 has welcomed visitors to The PIER every Holiday season since 1983, becoming a not-to-be-missed San Francisco tradition during this time of the year. This year’s tree is a 60-foot White Fir from Carlton Christmas Trees in Burney, CA and weighs over 13,000 lbs. It takes our Environmental Services team about three weeks to decorate as each of the 13,000 energy-efficient LED lights, 400 ornaments, and 150 bows need to be individually secured. The decorations at the top require a high-lift to place them.
Pier 39 is wrapped for the Holidays! Lights are twinkling, garland is glistening and bows can be seen throughout the PIER. Our innovative landscaping team has put their finishing touches on creating a special Holiday scene on the San Francisco Waterfront. Our festive reindeer topiaries and many others are lit up for you to enjoy! Stop by to take the most memorable holiday photos with your family.”
Pier 39 Cruise Passenger Sightseeing Cruises Offered
- Bay Cruise Adventure: This fully-narrated one-hour cruise sails underneath the majestic Golden Gate Bridge, around mysterious Alcatraz Island, past Angel Island State Park, and along San Francisco’s historic waterfront. Enjoy fantastic photo opportunities and breathtaking views.
- RocketBoat: The most exciting high-speed thrill ride on the San Francisco Bay! Get blown away as you hold on for the heart-pounding ride of your life.
- Escape From the Rock: A 90-minute journey that sails under the Golden Gate Bridge and then circles Alcatraz. This special San Francisco Bay tour is “fully-loaded” with harrowing stories and undisclosed secrets of life on “The Rock.”
- Blue & Gold Fleet provides ferry service to Angel Island, Sausalito, Tiburon, Vallejo, South San Francisco, Harbor Bay, Alameda/Oakland and the San Francisco Giants’ AT&T Park on game days.
Other Recent USA Domestic Hate Crime/Terror Incidents
- December 17, 2017 – New York City attempted bombing – 4 injured
- October 31, 2017 – Pier 40 New York City truck attack – 8 dead
- August 12, 2017 – Unite the Right Rally car attack – 1 dead, 30 injured
- June 21, 2017 – Bishop International Airport incident – 1 injured
- May 26, 2017 – Portland train attack – 2 dead 1 injured
- March 30, 2017 – Hate Crime Stabbing of Timothy Caughman Manhattan, New York City – 1 dead
- June 12, 2016 – Omar Mateen Orlando Pulse Nightclub Terror Attack – 49 dead, 58 injured
Video: FBI: Man planned ISIS-inspired terror attack in San Francisco