The best way to see Alaska is on a cruise. Travelers can experience the awe of the Inside Passage, with its jaw-dropping scenery and diverse wildlife as well as land based thrills on a variety of curated cruise tours.
Royal Caribbean is taking Alaska cruises aboard Radiance of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas and Explorer of the Seas in 2018.
The most popular cruise ports are Anchorage, Juneau, Ketchikan, Seward and Skagway with most cruise ships embarking from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada or Seattle, Washington. Some cruise ships stop at the scenic port of Astoria, Oregon along the way.
The most memorable attractions and/or excursions along the way are College Fjord, Glacier Bay, Hubbard Glacier, Icy Strait Point, Kenai Fords National Park, Nanaimo, Tracy Arm, Whitehorse and Whistler.
Alaska Cruise Ports
- Anchorage – city with an estimated 298,192 residents in 2016, it is Alaska’s most populous city and contains more than 40 percent of the state’s total population; among the 50 states
- Juneau – city and Borough of Juneau commonly known as Juneau, is the capital city of Alaska and it is the second largest city in the United States by area.
- Ketchikan – a city in the Ketchikan Gateway Borough, Alaska, United States, the southeastern most city in Alaska. With a population at the 2010 census of 8,050, it is the fifth-most populous city in the state, and tenth-most populous community when census-designated places are included
- Seward – a city in Kenai Peninsula Borough in the U.S. state of Alaska. According to 2014 Census Bureau estimates, the population of the city is 2,528
- Sitka – city and Borough of Sitka is a unified city-borough located on Baranof Island.
- Skagway – Municipality and Borough of Skagway is a first-class borough in Alaska on the Alaska Panhandle. As of the 2010 census, the population was 920. Estimates put the 2015 population at 1,057 people. The population doubles in the summer tourist season in order to deal with more than 900,000 visitors.
You can track both cruise ships with our ship trackers listed below, or use our Alaska Cruise Ship Tracker to track all cruise ships in Alaska.
- Port of Astoria Oregon Things To Do
- Explorer of the Seas Makes Scenic Astoria Oregon Port Calls
- Explorer Of The Seas Cruise Ship Tracker
- Radiance Of The Seas Cruise Ship Tracker
- Ovation Of The Seas Cruise Ship Tracker
Video: Why Take a Cruise to Alaska?