How Much Is Carnival Cruise Lines Beverage Package? (beverage plan video below)
Effective January 1, 2018, Carnival Cruise Lines is raising the price of its Cheers! beverage package from $54.95 to $56.95 per person per day. Book online before the cruise to save an extra $5.00 per person per day.
In addition to the base price for the package, passengers must pay an additional 15% gratuity fee. Including the gratuity fee, the final cost of the package will be $65.49.
For a seven day cruise for two people pre-booking online savings would be $80.50 including the added 15% tip.
Passengers currently booked on a 2018 or 2019 sailing can lock in the old rates package by pre-purchasing it online before December 31, 2017.
Carnival Cheers! Beverage Program Explained
From the Carnival website: “CHEERS! is an all-inclusive beverage program that allows guests to enjoy a wide range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages by paying a flat daily rate. Guests must be 21 or older to purchase CHEERS! and each adult assigned to the same stateroom must purchase the program. If you are not interested in alcoholic beverages, try our Bottomless Bubbles package for unlimited soda.
We have enhanced our CHEERS! beverage program to include a greater variety of non-alcoholic beverages, as well as a wider selection of high quality brand-name spirits and wines by the glass.
- The cost to pre-purchase CHEERS! prior to your cruise is $49.95 USD per person, per day plus 15% gratuity. Effective January 1, 2018, the price will be $51.95 USD per person, per day plus 15% gratuity. CHEERS! can be purchased online or by contacting ‘The Fun Shops’ Department at 800 522-7648, Monday through Sunday, 8:00am-10:00pm ET. Cut-off for pre-purchase is at 10:00pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure.
- Once onboard your ship, you can sign up for CHEERS! at a bar location and the cost is $54.95 USD per person, per day plus 15% gratuity. Effective January 1, 2018, the price will be $56.95 USD per person, per day plus 15% gratuity.
- On the following Carnival Horizon cruises in Europe, the CHEERS! package is subject to a 10% Value Added Tax (VAT): 4/02/2018, 4/15/2018, 4/22/2018 and 4/29/2018.
- Currently, we are not able to process the Carnival Gift Card for Fun Shop orders by telephone. If you wish to purchase CHEERS! with a Carnival Gift Card, you may do so online.
Price adjustments (up or down) implemented on the day of sailing will replace any previously advertised price.
Please note: The following beverages are included in the price of your cruise and are served in the Main Dining Room, 24/7 in the Lido Restaurant and 24/7 via Room Service: non-bottled water, lemonade, unsweetened iced tea, hot chocolate and non-specialty coffee and tea.
The following beverages are now available within the enhanced CHEERS! program:
- All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies and other spirits, as well as beer and wine (and Champagne) by the glass, with a $50 USD or lower menu price per serving
- Zero-Proof frozen cocktails (including smoothies), sodas (including specialty sodas) and juices
- Specialty coffees and hot tea served in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants and coffee bars
- Milkshakes, where applicable
- RockStar energy drinks, Powerade, Vitamin Water, Coconut Water and Honest Tea
- 500ml bottled water and other non-alcoholic bottled beverages served in bars and lounges
- Large format (1 liter and 1.5-liter) bottles of water in the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants
- 25 percent discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass, costing above $50 USD per serving
- 25 percent discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle and larger format water bottles purchased outside the main dining rooms or specialty restaurants
- 25 percent discount off beverage seminars and classes
- Due to state laws, we cannot sell CHEERS! until the second day of the cruise (starting at 6:00am) for voyages departing from our Texas and New York home ports.
- Program only applicable for onboard purchases.
- CHEERS! is not offered on 2 day cruises, charter cruises, on ships sailing from Australia (Carnival Spirit and Carnival Legend) and beverage purchases made at Half Moon Cay and Princess Cays in The Bahamas.
Beverages excluded from the program are:
- Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses
- Bottles of liquor
- Beverages offered at the gangway
- Beverages offered through room service, mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs
- Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets
- Beverages offered through enomatic wine machines and self-serve beer stations
- All other beverage-related programs including merchandise, cigars and cigarettes
- Food items
Sample pricing for beverages found on board:
- Prices and product availability are subject to change without notice.
- Beer: $5.00 – $7.95 (mostly 16 oz.)
- Wine by the glass: $5.95 – $12.50
- Spirits: $6.25 – $17.00
- Skyy Vodka and soda – $6.25
- Jack Daniels and Coca Cola – $7.25
- Shot of Patron Silver – $10.95
- Speciality Cocktails: $8.25 -$12.95
- Carnival Cosmo – $9.25
- Pina Colada – $8.25
- Margarita – $8.95
- Soft Drinks
- Soda: $2.25
- Other Soft Drinks (Powerade, Iced Tea, Honest Tea and Ginger Beer) $1.95 – $4.00
- Energy Drinks: $4.95 and up
- Water (San Pellegrino, Perrier, Vitamin Water, Bottled Water and Coconut Water): $1.25 – $5.00″
- Enjoy great discounts on Wine Packages through our ‘Cruise the Vineyards’ Program.
Add-on Cruise Wine – The Vineyards Program Discounts Wine Packages
“Cruise the Vineyards can be purchased on board our ships (ask your dining room waiter) or by calling ‘The Fun Shops’ Department at 1-800-522-7648, 8:00am-10:00pm ET. Cruise the Vineyards is not offered online.
You may drink the wine in your stateroom or dining room only. Unconsumed wine will not be refunded but you may take home unopened bottles.
Sparkling, Barefoot, Brut Cuvee, California
Pinot Grigio, Zonin, Italy
Sauvignon Blanc, Santa Carolina, Rapel Valley, Chile
Chardonnay, Santa Carolina, Rapel Valley, Chile
Chardonnay, Barefoot, California
Pinot Noir, Barefoot, California
Rose ‘Gifft’ by Kathy Lee Gifford, California
Malbec, Santa Julia, Mendoza, Argentina
Merlot, Mcguigan, ‘Bin 3000’, Limestone Coast, Australia
Cabernet Sauvignon, Santa Carolina, Rapel Valley, Chile
Barbera D’Asti, Castello del Poggio, Piedmont, Italy
Prosecco, Zonin Veneto, Italy
Moscato, Castello del Poggio Delle Venezie, Italy
Sauvignon Blanc, Oyster Bay, Marlborough, New Zealand
Chardonnay, Kendall Jackson, Vintner’s Reserve, California
Chardonnay, Layer Cake, California
Pinot Noir, Layer Cake, California
Merlot, Columbia Crest, ‘Great Estates’, Columbia Valley
Cabernet Sauvignon, Castle Rock, Paso Robles, California
Cabernet Sauvignon, Layer Cake, California
Shiraz, Peter Lehmann, ‘Wild Card’, South Australia
Malbec, Catena, Mendoza, Argentina
Grenache and Syrah Rose, Domaine Sainte Croix,
– Cuvee Montlaures, Languedoc, France
Sparkling, Domaine Chandon, Brut, California
Conundrum, By Caymus, California
Pinot Gris, Ecco Domani, Della Venezie, Italy
Riesling, Schmitt Sohne, Mosel, Germany
Sauvignon Blanc/Semillon, Cape Mentelle, Australia
Chardonnay, Le Crema, Monterey
Pouilly-Fuisse, Bouchard, Burgundy
Pinot Noir, Cherry Tart, California
Merlot, Kendall Jackson Vintner’s Reserve, California
Cabernet Sauvignon ‘Avant’, Kendall-Jackson, California
Shiraz, Yangarra, McLaren Vale, Australia
Malbec, Terrazas Reserva, Mendoza, Argentina”
Video: Carnival Drink Packages Explained (Before 2018 Price Increase)