Cruise Ship Weather
A magitutude 6.7 earth struck Mediterranean Sea cruise ship ports. (see 2 videos below). Two are reported dead and dozens were injured in Kos, Greece as buildings collapsed and the earthquake produced a tsunami on the western shores of the Mediterranean Sea. The earthquake was centered near Bodrum, Turkey on the eastern shore of the Mediterranean Sea.
This is the second earthquake to strike the region in the past month. A month and half ago, we reported on June 12, “An Earthquake which was measured as 6.3, hit in the Mediterranean region of Europe near Plomarikon, Greece earlier today.”. The 6.7-magnitude quake hit parts of Turkey and Greece has been captured on the CCTV of a cafe in Bodrum.
- Bodrum, Turkey 10.3 km (6.4 mi) SSE – Population: 39,317
- Kos, Greece 16.2 km (10.1 mi) ENE – Population: 19,244
- Turgutreis, Turkey – 18.6 km (11.6 mi) ESE – Population: 16,490
- Datça, Turkey 30.9 km (19.2 mi) NW – Population: 10,121
- Muğla, Turkey 86.2 km (53.5 mi) WSW – Population: 48,183
Video: Strong earthquake kills two on Greek island of Kos
Video:Greek island of Kos Suffers flooding after earthquake in Turkey