Watching Two Atlantic Caribbean Storm Systems

Atlantic Tropical Storms August 4 2017
Atlantic Tropical Storms August 4 2017
Atlantic Caribbean Tropical Storms
Atlantic Caribbean Tropical Storms

Cruise Ship Weather

As reported Yesterday, we are watching to two storm systems in the Atlantic Caribbean cruise ship region. (video below) Yesterday, storm system 1  formation  chance through 48 hours, low, 30 percent. Formation chance through 5 days, high, 70 percent. Storm system 2  formation chance through 48 hours, low, 10 percent. Formation chance through 5 days, low, 20 percent.

As of 0800 hours this morning the storms have increased in likelihood to 80 percent and 60 percent. If the first storm is named it will be called Tropical Storm Franklin. If the second storm is named it will be called Tropical Storm Gert.

Tropical Weather Outlook NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL 800 AM EDT Fri Aug 4 2017

For the North Atlantic…Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

A broad low pressure system, associated with a tropical wave, is producing a large area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms several hundred miles south and southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands. Environmental conditions are conducive for this system to consolidate and develop during the next few days, and a tropical depression is likely to form by early next week while moving west-northwestward at about 15 mph across the tropical Atlantic Ocean. Formation chance through 48 hours, medium, 50 percent. Formation chance through 5 days, high, 80 percent.

A large area of cloudiness and thunderstorms located over the central and eastern Caribbean Sea is associated with a tropical wave. This disturbance is expected to move west-northwestward at about 15 mph across the western Caribbean Sea and Bay of Campeche through the middle of next week, where environmental conditions appear conducive for development.Formation chance through 48 hours, low, 20 percent. Formation chance through 5 days, medium, 60 percent.

Watch the storms in our Webcams in Caribbean

Our Cruise Ship Weather Atlantic Forcast

Video: Caribbean Travel Weather – Friday August 4th, 2017