2017 Atlantic Tropical Storm Arlene Named
The first tropical storm of the 2017 hurricane season has been name. Friday, April 21 Tropical Storm Arlene was named. While the storm posed no threat to land, nor cruise ships, it has been a wake-up call that the hurricane season is arriving early in recent years.
The Atlantic hurricane season officially runs from June 1 through November 30. We cover the storms in real time at CruiseShipWeather. com and provide this information for the Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean Sea, Indian Ocean and Pacific Ocean.
The tropical storm names for 2017 are Arlene, Bret, Cindy, Don, Emily, Franklin, Gert, Harvey, Irma, Jose, Katia, Lee, Maria, Nate, Ophelia, Philippe, Rina,Sean, Tammy, Vince and Whitney.
In 2016, Hurricane Alex which formed in the Northeastern Atlantic, developed on January 12, five months before the official start of the season. It was the earliest hurricane of the season since Hurricane Alice in 1955. When the storms are named, we cover them here on the Cruise Ship Wave Network blog. Follow our blog for storm updates and other relevant cruise industry news.
In 2016, we went live numerous times during Hurricane Matthew, after everyone else evacuated. We watched and filmed on our balcony as Hurricane Matthew came ashore in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, even after we lost power. Our live Hurricane Matthew videos, and the after math videos were posted to our public Facebook Group. One video of note you will see, was early during Matthew, right after the power went out on October 8, 2016, the automatic doors in our lobby began opening and closing like they were possessed, with a witch frantically flying on her broom.
We also have live real time coverage as it happens, which can be found on our Cruise Ship Atlantic Ocean Live Hurricane Cyclone Forecast page. This page is automatically updated by NOAA, so you see it has it happens, before any news station reports it, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We have many people around the world who have made home page, our Cruise Ship Weather page they prefer the most.
Cruise Ship Weather also has historical data on previous storms in the Atlantic, Caribbean and Pacific oceans. We have the historical Atlantic Ocean Storm Tracks, Caribbean Storm Tracks, Gulf of Mexico Fueled H5 Hurricanes 1900-2015 and much more historical trend graphics.
One of the features at Cruise Ship Weather is our The Cruise Ship Weather Network Cruise Ship Most Recent Earthquakes With Epicenter Map. This information is really helpful for knowing what might happen while you are in port, any cruise port, around the world. For example, a Magnitude 6.0 earthquake which took place today, Apr 23, 2017 4:48 AM, was located OFFSHORE VALPARAISO, CHILE . The notifications on this page are set up for major earthquakes, measured to be 6.0 or greater.
Atlantic Ocean Cruise Ship Weather
- Atlantic Ocean Cruise Ship Geostationary Satellite
- Atlantic Ocean Cruise Ship Sea Wave Height
- Atlantic Ocean Cruise Ship Wind Speeds
- Atlantic Ocean Cruise Ship Surface Temperatures
- Atlantic Cruise Ship Weather Radars
- Atlantic Storms & Hurricane Tracks
- Atlantic Live Hurricane Cyclone Forecast
Pacific Ocean Cruise Ship Weather
- Pacific Ocean Cruise Ship Sea Wave Height
- Pacific Ocean Cruise Ship Wind Speeds
- Pacific Ocean Cruise Ship Surface Temperatures
- Pacific Live Cruise Ship Weather Radars
- Eastern North Pacific Storms & Hurricane Tracks
- Eastern North Pacific Hurricane Cyclone Forecast
- Central Pacific Ocean Hurricane Forecast
Real time tropical storm and hurricane alerts are also provided specifically for the Caribbean region, though it is covered in the Atlantic Ocean region.
Caribbean – Gulf Of Mexico Cruise Ship Weather
- Caribbean – Gulf Of Mexico Cruise Ship Geostationary Satellite
- Caribbean – Gulf Of Mexico Cruise Ship Sea Wave Height
- Caribbean – Gulf Of Mexico Cruise Ship Wind Speeds
- Caribbean – Gulf Of Mexico Cruise Ship Surface Temperatures
- Caribbean – Gulf Of Mexico Cruise Ship Weather Radars
- Caribbean Storms & Hurricane Tracks
- Gulf of Mexico Storms & Hurricane Tracks
- Caribbean – Gulf Of Mexico Live Hurricane Cyclone Forecast
USA Cruise Ship Weather
- US Ocean Cruise Ship Geostationary SatelliteUS Cruise Ship Weather Radar
- US Ocean Cruise Ship Wind Speeds
- US Ocean Cruise Ship Surface Temperatures
- US Ocean Storms & Hurricane Tracks
- US 7 Day Precipitation Forecast
We also give you the big picture at Cruise Ship Weather, with global information and graphics.